Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Award in Our Logo Design Office

Before I share this story with you all, I need to tell you that it’s not a real award. We had a discussion and at the end of the discussion S.Z. said, “…the award goes to…” So, let’s not take this award thing literally.

Now, here is what happened in our logo design office.

After lunch, I went to my department and noticed that all the associates were sitting in a circle and talking. As soon as they saw me, they stopped talking.

The first thought that should have come to my mind was that they were planning to pull a prank or do something evil, but as I am a nice person this negative thought didn’t come to my mind.

I said, “Wus up? What’s good in the hood? Why you all are quiet now?”

S.Z. said, “Well, we were discussing that who is the most helpful person in our logo design office and we realized that you have helped a lot of people here.”

S.Z. continued, “I can’t forget how you helped save my engagement and how you provided couselling from time to time. I am really thankful to you.”

Sunny said, “I can’t forget how you helped me on my first day at work by telling Mr. Right to be quiet. I am also thankful to S.Z. for not letting me bump my head into the wall. You also helped me when I suffered from bachelor-o-phobia. You are indeed the nicest person here.”

Billy Boy said, “I must mention your great favors as well. You had really helped me out when you had told me to meditate as my dedication at work was badly affecting my personal life. I don’t have words to thank you.”

Ars Alan said, “I am really thankful to you because I hated the fact that S.Z. was jealous of me as I was getting married before him. You told him how there were other people too who were unmarried. Your counselling was wonderful.”

Ana said, “I was really sad after getting Jane’s harsh comments on my work. I am really thankful that you didn’t mind that my work was not up to the mark and did it yourself. I really appreciate it.”

Ars Alan Jr. said, “I still remember the day when I had injured my knee and you had given me a ride and dropped me off…close to my home. It was very nice of you.”

Maria said, “I want to thank you for exposing those people who wanted you to write a bad, bad post about me. I am really thankful.”

When Maria said that, Newbie laughed with his teeth out and head moving right and left, “Hayhay Hayhay Haha Haha...”

Then Newbie said, “You give me a ride everyday. You are really a nice person. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

Zee Shake happened to be there as well. He said, “I also want to thank you for taking me to the hospital when I had broken my fingers. Thank you very much.”

As I am a nice person, I just couldn’t take it anymore… So, I said, “Come on folks! What happened to you all today? It is my responsibility to help out my colleagues. I didn’t do anything extraordinary. So, please stop thanking me like this.”

S.Z. said, “I am going to send a request to Ms. Ann in HR for an award, because the award goes to…you.”

I said, “Listen S.Z. I don’t need an award for helping out my colleagues. So, let’s end this conversation and let’s get back to work.”

So…The meeting ended and I was glad that my counselling was always helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment