Tuesday, March 2, 2010

S.Z.’s Engagement was Saved by a Logo Design

Do you remember my friend S.Z.?

Yes, the same friend who fell down the stairs not too long ago. Well, recently I heard that he is engaged. He got engaged sometime ago, but he never told me.

But, as I am a nice person, I didn’t mind and forgave him.

So, anyway, the other day, I was writing an article and S.Z. came to me. I was so engrossed in my work that I didn’t notice he was standing by my seat. To get my attention, he coughed.

I looked up and said, “Oh S.Z.! What’s up mate? What’s good in the hood?”

He said, “I need to discuss something with you”.

I realized something was not right.

I said, “Sure, have a seat. What happened? You seem to be worried?”

He said, “You know I told you last week about my engagement. Well, after engagement, my father-in-law lost a big business deal and his business is suffering badly now. My father-in-law’s health is not good either because of that”.

He continued, “They think I am a curse to their family and I think they will break the engagement”.

“Oh…” I felt sorry for S.Z. and I could see how hard he was trying to hold his tears.

“Tell me what to do” S.Z. said this and bit his lower lip to probably prevent tears from coming out of his eyes.

I said, “Listen S.Z.… It’s our job to help businesses increase their sales, build a corporate identity and create their business image professionally. If we can do this for our clients, can’t we do the same to save your engagement? Yes, we can and we will! So, don’t you worry mate”.

S.Z.’s eyes lit up and with utter excitement he said, “Yes! You are right. I was so worried that I didn’t even think about it. Yes, we can help my father-in-law’s business and save my engagement”.

Later, we had a meeting and we finalized a plan. S.Z.’s dull face (due to sadness) was now shining with joy. The plan was properly executed in a couple of days.

After a few days S.Z. came to me. He looked shy and his face was all red.

He said, “Thanks dude, your plan really helped me out. The logo design really gave a professional look to my father-in-law’s business and they are not surviving now, but thriving in today’s cut-throat competition”.

“That’s great mate. It means your engagement is saved” I said this with happiness as I was delighted to hear the news.

He said, “The news I wanted to give you was that not only my engagement is saved, I am in fact getting married in the beginning of 2011. I really want to thank you my friend for your help”.

Now, I realized why he looked so shy.

I congratulated him and said, “Don’t thank me mate. Thank the logo design that actually helped you save your engagement”.

So… now I look forward to his marriage. I hope he will invite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment