Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How Did I.D. Slip in the Hallway Right After Sara?

Remember our soft-spoken E-Marketer I.D. (short white dude) who slipped in the hallway not too long ago? We asked him how he slipped and he told us his sad story.

Sara had already told us her story that she had slipped in the hallway because of a logo design. However, I.D. had a completely different story to share with us.

Let me tell you a little about him first.

He looks like a little mommy-daddy kind of kid. You know little kids in school who sit in the front row with oily and nicely combed hair and thick glasses and wear pants above their belly button?

He looks kind of like that. But… He is not little… He is in fact a married man.

So, anyway… here is how our discussion began:

S.Z. asked, “What happened to you I.D.? How did you slip?”

I.D. said, “Actually, my glasses broke yesterday and I didn’t notice, like Sara, that the floor was wet and I slipped too”.

I noticed that I.D. was not wearing his thick, black glasses that he had recently purchased.

I asked him, “Well, the floor was wet, but Sara slipped before you. Didn’t you even see her?”

I.D. said, “Yes, I saw her slip… but she looked so funny that I didn’t really bother thinking why she was slipping”. He looked embarrassed when he said that and he tried to control his smile too (Bad Boy). Sara looked at him angrily, but didn’t say anything.

W.Q. sighed, “I wish I could see her slip too”.

We all looked at W.Q. at the same time… It was not nice of him.

I asked I.D., “By the way, how did you break your glasses and how did you drive to work today?”

I.D. looked down and stuttered, “You know… public transport… I mean… that’s how I came”.

He didn’t tell us how he broke the glasses.

I realized something was fishy.

So, I asked again, “Well, fine. But, how did you break your glasses? You had just purchased them and they were expensive too”.

I.D. just kept looking down and didn’t say a word. After a few seconds, he took a deep breath and told us how he broke his glasses.

I.D. said, “Actually, yesterday, I was playing with my little daughter and I accidentally hit and broke a really expensive and antique Vase. I got scared that my wife would get angry at me. So, I thought I should go and hide in the bathroom. This way, I would be able to put the blame on my little daughter that she broke it. Then, within 2-3 seconds, I heard my wife walking towards the room, so I ran fast towards the bathroom, opened the door and entered quickly, without realizing that the floor was wet. I slipped and broke the glasses”. He continued to look down and he looked really, really embarrassed.

We all tried to control our laugh, but Sara did smile to take the revenge. S.Z. also controlled his laugh and put his hand on I.D’s shoulder and tried to console him.

Poor I.D. slipped twice in 2 days. Luckily, his bones were safe and neither broke in the hallway nor in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment