Wednesday, March 31, 2010

S.Z.’s Sad Day in Logo Design Office

As I walked into my department, I saw S.Z., as always, on his seat. However, today, he was not smiling and thinking about his marriage. Instead, he was staring at the logo design on his keyboard and he seemed really sad. I wondered what happened to him.

I said Hi to him and went to my seat. Then, after a few minutes, I thought I should ask him what happened. I wanted to ensure that everything was fine.

So, I went to him and asked, “What’s up mate? Why you look so sad today?”

He looked at me and said, “I have been sad for past few days. Actually, I felt bad when I.D. told us his story that how he was playing with his daughter and broke the vase”.

I said, “Yes, it shouldn’t have happened. He told me the vase was really expensive”.

S.Z. said, “No, it’s not the vase that is making me sad. What made me sad was the fact that I.D. is younger than me and he is married and I am not. I didn’t know he was married until I heard his story. I mean no offense, but look at him… you know what he looks like when he laughs and claps”.

S.Z. continued, “I am older than him, I have been going to gym for past few years, I am in much better shape than I.D., but I am still not married. I am the only unmarried man in the department”. He seemed really sad.

To console him I said, “That’s not true. Ars Alan is not married either. He just got engaged last month”.

S.Z. replied, “Yes, true, but didn’t you notice that he is 6 years younger than me? He is not a man, he is a boy”.

I felt sorry for S.Z. now.

S.Z. sighed and said, “I have been trying to get married for past few years. May be, it’s because of my braces that my proposals were always rejected”.

I said, “I don’t think so. It’s a lame excuse. But, anyway, at least you are engaged now, so probably braces have nothing to do with it. By the way, does your father-in-law wear glasses?”

S.Z. said, “Yes, he does and he wears really thick glasses, thicker than I.D.’s glasses”.

Now I realized that may be S.Z. was right and due to weak eyes his father-in-law couldn’t see him properly and accidentally gave approval.

But, as I am a nice person, I couldn’t say this to him. So, to console him again, I said, “Whatever happens S.Z., it happens for good. May be your marriage was delayed so you could find the perfect life partner. Aren’t you happy that your life after marriage will be good and peaceful?”

S.Z. thought about something for a second and said, “Yes, you are right. I didn’t look at the bright side of it. You always help me with your extraordinary advice. You are indeed a genius”.

S.Z. looked happy now.

I said, “Mention not S.Z. Start smiling and start thinking about your marriage again”.

I went back to my seat and S.Z. began smiling again. I was glad I had managed to turn his sad day into a happy day.

1 comment: