Friday, January 14, 2011

Lamar Teddy Joined Our Logo Design Office

Yes, you’ve guessed it correctly. Lamar Teddy has recently joined our logo design office as a designer and I tell you, he is a really cool person.

What makes him so cool? I don’t know. I am just saying because I want to help end his pain.

You may ask: what pain? Let me tell you what happened…

I went to cafeteria to get some water and noticed that Billy Boy, Ars Alan Jr., Newbie and Lamar Teddy were already there, sitting and talking. So, I walked towards them and asked, “What’s up folks? What’s going on?”

Billy Boy said, “Nothing mate. It’s just that Lamar Teddy wasn’t feeling well, so we thought we would just sit here and help him relax.”

I felt sorry for Lamar Teddy. So, I asked, “What happened? You have fever or something?”

Instead of him, Ars Alan Jr. replied, “No, it’s not that. He is just having this problem that… what problem is he having Billy Boy?”

Billy Boy stared at him and said, “I thought you came here to help, but you don’t even know what is going on here. Why don’t you go back and do your work?”

Ars Alan Jr. looked embarrassed and Newbie started laughing (Yes, the same weird laugh), “HayHay HayHay Haha Haha…” (Yes, he moved his head too while laughing with his eyes wide open)

I realized that situation could get worse for Lamar Teddy, so as I am a nice person I thought I should work with Billy Boy to help him.

I asked Newbie and Ars Alan Jr. to return to their seats as Sunny was looking for them.

Ars Alan Jr. said, “Yes, I need to complete this very important task today…what task is that Newbie?”

Newbie replied, “You have to take your medicine on time today… HayHay HayHay Haha Haha…”

Ars Alan Jr. looked at him angrily and said, “You just zip it boy.”

…And then they walked out of the cafeteria.

I sat with Lamar Teddy and asked him, “What’s up mate? You look tense. Is everything ok at home?”

Lamar Teddy replied, “Yes, everything is fine at home. It’s just that my friends are telling me that I shouldn’t have joined this office.”

I was surprised to hear that and Billy Boy almost screamed, “Whaattt? Who told you that and why? This is the coolest place on Earth man.”

Lamar Teddy took a really deep breath and said, “Actually, after I joined this office a few days ago, I have only been spending money here and haven’t made any money yet. This is why everyone is discouraging me.”

I felt sorry for him.

I asked, “Can you elaborate on what you mean by only spending money here?”

He replied, “You know all new-comers were throwing a party, so I thought about chipping in too. Then right after that money was collected to buy a gift, so I opened my wallet again. Then just yesterday morning as I was driving to work, I got into an accident, so I had to get my car fixed too. This is why my friends are telling me that I have only been spending money here and not making any.”

I realized the severity of the issue.

I said, “Listen Lamar Teddy, when juniors were throwing the party, you got involved willingly even though I was totally against it, you know that. You should not have chipped in that time. Later, when the money was collected for the gift, it was again for those who wanted to contribute willingly, no one was forcing, you know that. Lastly, you need some driving lessons pal. You can’t blame the office for that.”

Lamar again took a really deep breath and said, “Yes, you are 100% right. I did it all willingly and the accident was not the fault of our office. It’s just that I couldn’t explain all this to my friends and they kept putting pressure on me, so I got nervous. I’ll tell them tonight that what had happened actually.”

Billy Boy said, “Well, it seems like your problem has been resolved and you are all set.”

Lamar Teddy looked at me and said, “Yes, I feel relaxed and cool now. I want to thank you for helping me out. You are a very nice person. I can get back to work now peacefully. Thank you again.”

I said, “Mention not Lamar Teddy. I am always here to help. I am glad you are cool now.”

We then got up and went back to our department.

No comments:

Post a Comment