Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let’s Welcome Newbie in Our Logo Design Office

Remember I told you guys about some tragedies in our logo design office a few days ago? Well, we can now see happiness around us, thanks to our new colleague Newbie (Yes, his name is Newbie). He is very lively.

Sunny provided an unbiased opinion / case study about Newbie.

According to Sunny, “The way Newbie laughs with all his teeth out, he looks more like a clown to me than a Marketing Expert. I believe he has a brighter future in Circus than Marketing.”

According to Billy Boy, “Newbie’s hair style reminds me of my favorite… …” Billy Boy couldn’t complete his sentence as the tears came out of his eyes. He then pulled out his wallet, took out a picture and showed it to me.

I was astonished to see the picture. Billy Boy’s friend (or whatever) had the same hair style as Newbie (S.Z. too once had the same hair style).

Here it is:

.
.
.
.
.



Billy Boy sadly said, “I was in love with my little hen. But, one day, hunger took over and I ended up eating it. Now, when I see Newbie, he reminds me of my little hen.”

Let’s hope Billy Body doesn’t slaughter Newbie one day.

According to Ars Alan Jr., “Newbie makes me laugh all the time. Whenever he talks about car racing, I feel like laughing. He doesn’t know what kind of vicious driver I am. I can beat him anytime. He has challenged me to race this Sunday, but I won’t go. I don’t want him to get into an accident and hurt himself. He is funny… hahahaha…”

So, as we can see, Newbie has brought happiness here.

When Sunny sees Newbie, Sunny smiles.
When Billy Boy sees Newbie, he looks at his hair with love as a mother would see her little infant with love and care.
When Ars Alan Jr. sees him, he laughs.

But…How in the world did Newbie manage to make the saddest manager in the world (no other than S.Z.) happy?

Well, I had to play my role for this.

S.Z. was sad as usual and what made him sadder that others were now happy. So, as he knows that I am a nice person, he came to me to get some advice.

S.Z. said, “Ever since Newbie joined, everyone is happy here. How can I feel happy? I am not happy at all?” He was really sad when he said that.

I said, “Listen S.Z., as you are the manager here, don’t you want the jobs of your subordinates to be secure?”

S.Z. said, “Yes, of course. But why are you saying this?”

I said, “Newbie has done you a big favor and you should be happy.”

S.Z. was startled to hear that. He said, “What are you talking about? Come on, tell me what’s up?”

I said, “Listen S.Z., yesterday, I gave newbie a ride to his home. On our way to his place he told me that he was asked to join office on the 15th of November, but he refused and said that he’d join from the 1st of December.”

S.Z. said, “Yes, I know that. But, where is the favor? He had refused to accept my offer.”

I said, “There was a big reason why he had refused it. In the past, for some unknown reasons, he joined three offices on the 15th and all those offices got closed down within 3 months. This is why he didn’t join our logo design office on the 15th. So, you should be happy for what he has done for you and us.”

S.Z. was speechless.

After a few seconds’ silence, S.Z. said, “I knew you’d help me out somehow. You are very kind and nice. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

I said, “Mention not S.Z. Let’s get back to work now.”

After a few minutes, when I looked around I noticed that everyone was smiling and looking at Newbie after every few seconds. I am glad to see my colleagues so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment