Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Happy and Sad Day in Logo Design Office

Today, we heard an awesome news in our logo design office that our very own Mr. Accountant has been blessed with a son.

When Billy Boy told me in the morning, I thought he was joking. So, I directly asked Mr. Accountant. As I entered the cafeteria, he saw me and came to me.

I said hi to him and asked him, “I heard something today… Is it right?”

He replied, “Yes.”

So, I congratulated him. He looked happy and, of course, he should be.

We all pray for his little ‘toy’ that May he be blessed with sound health and happiness.

Now, having said that…We noticed a sad person in our logo design office too and he was no other than our SEO dude Sunny.

Sunny is a jolly good fellow but he looked really sad. I wondered what happened to him.

So, as I am a nice person, I thought I should ask him.

I went to him and asked, “Hey Sunny Bunny, today you don’t look funny. What’s up mate? Who beat you up today?”

He took a deep breath and said, “Nah man, nothing. No beating today. I am fine.”

I realized something was not right.

I said nicely, “Sunny, you don’t look ok to me. If something is bothering you, you can share with me. You know how I have helped out S.Z. and Billy Boy in the past. I am sure I will be able to help you as well.”

Sunny looked at me and said, “I don’t know if I should tell you or not. But, yes, you are right. I am sad today.”

I said, “We all feel sad Sunny. So, it’s normal. But, you need to tell me what is bothering you so I will try to help you. If you are taking drugs, then still tell me.”

Sunny said, “No, I don’t take drugs. Even though my health has been deteriorating and I am shrinking day by day, but I assure you that I am not on drugs.”

He continued, “It’s just that I wonder when I’ll become a husband.”

He looked down after saying that. Maybe he was trying to hold his tears.

After a few seconds he again took a deep breath and said, “When I was in school, my friends used to dream about becoming doctors, pilots and engineers, but I always dreamed about becoming a husband.”

Now, I realized why he was sad.

I wondered why in the world then he became an SEO.

But…As I am a nice person, I didn’t say this to him.

I said, “Sunny, listen. You have been infected by Bachelor-o-phobia just like S.Z. I didn’t know it was so contagious.”

Sunny stayed quiet for a few seconds and then said, “Yes, you are right. I am talking like S.Z. now.”

As I had to console him, I said, “No Sunny. You never talked like this before. So, you seem to be in the initial stages. With proper meditation as well as medication, I am sure you will start feeling normal soon. Hey, it’s good to get married, but feeling sad like this is not good buddy, this is what you need to take care of.”

Sunny again took a deep breath… But this time Billy Boy screamed and said, “This is enough Sunny. Stop breathing like this.” Then Billy Boy picked up an air-freshener and started spraying.

I thanked Billy Boy in my heart, but didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to hurt Sunny’s feelings.

Let’s hope Sunny gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment